Re: Some general problems with exporting cariables (Was: TERMCAP problem. )

Andrej Borsenkow wrote:

> > Whithout the patch, getenv("TERM") still returns 0, but now tgetent
> > from libcursus.a
> > is used.
> > With the patch, getenv("TERM") returns "dumb" before tgetent is
> > called, so I guess it
> > will also be fine for tgetent from the termcap library
>
> What do you mean "before""? Zsh itself never calls getenv("TERM").

I did it manualy from within the debugger

> Koen, you can look in configure for a
>
> case "$host_os" in
>   aix*|hpux10.*|hpux11.*|solaris*)
>       termcap_curses_order="curses ncurses termcap" ;;
>   *)             termcap_curses_order="termcap curses ncurses" ;;
> esac
>
> remove solaris, and reconfigure zsh (probably, make distclean first). It
> should give you old behaviour. Then we see if patch really helps :-)))
>
> I'll change configure to use AC_SERCH_LIBS instead to be able to override
> library selection.
>
> -andrej

It now uses termcap again.
Zsh without the patch crashes within screen.
After applying the patch, it works fine. !!!!

-Koen

Koen Van Hoof    koen.van_hoof@xxxxxxxxxx   32 3 451 60 31

begin:vcard
n:Van Hoof;Koen