Re: Two missing completion functions that bug me

--- Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yes, but when you're allowed to have other options intervene between
> an
> option and its argument (as in `tar -fxv file' for example) there has
> be some way to prevent completion from inserting the space after
> `-f'.

I accept this but would argue that there are more commands which don't
allow other options to intervene. Things like tar can be achieved with
with states. Maybe _arguments needs some way to describe whether or not
options can intervene between an option and its argument. Things get
messy if more than one of the options take an argument.

> Not entirely true: `vared -ca scalar' changes the type of an existing
I had a comment here, but I've just seen your next message where you
spotted it for yourself.

> Anything that `fc' does, with the exception of `-e'.  The -e option

% r -lD
zsh: bad option: -D

It doesn't though. This is why I was confused - why should it accept -l
but not -D. Is this something to do with ksh behaviour being used.

Oliver