Re: PATCH: Re: Build Failures on SunOS-4.1 and 5.5

On Fri, 13 Apr 2001, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> The solution wouldn't happen to be the same as the one for __sco that's
> already in Src/system.h, would it?

As you supposed, no.  Just about the only thing that Solaris does in
the termios.h file is to include sys/termios.h, so this this seems to
be very unlike the __sco solution.

> [offsetof is] not in the 3.0 sources, but it's been in the 3.1
> sources for as long as I've been keeping track of them

I see the definition in system.h, but where does it get used?  I
grepped every file in every dir of the CVS checkout, and no other file
contains those characters.  I just removed the definition, and nothing
in the build failed.

> Here's another shot at a complete patch (including what was in 13968):

This appears to work fine on both my Solaris 2.6 (x86) and Linux
Mandrake 7.2 (x86) systems.  You might want to just remove all mention
of "offsetof", however (if we  remove it from the system.h file).

..wayne..