Re: PATCH: Re: Build Failures on SunOS-4.1 and 5.5

On Apr 13,  1:00am, Wayne Davison wrote:
}
} You might want to just remove all mention of "offsetof", however (if
} we remove it from the system.h file).

I'm a bit wary of removing it from system.h because I'm sure it's there
for a reason ... probably an obscure one, such as "On FuNix 2.73, the
<termcap.h> requires `offsetof' from <sys/bungle.h>, but <sys/bungle.h>
cannot be included because it also defines a `gettok' macro."

If we remove it, we're almost certain to find out twelve hours after the
final 4.0.1 release exactly what that obscure reason really is.

So if PWS wants it removed, he can remove it.