Re: Automatic hash -d

On Apr 13,  5:09am, Bart Schaefer wrote:
}
} +  eval : "~$linepath" 2>/dev/null	# Create nameddir if necessary

I have not committed this, because the code immediately following seems
to go to great lengths to *avoid* creating the nameddir ... the entire
cascade testing $userdirs and $nameddirs could otherwise be replaced by
an eval like the one in the *\$*/* branch, I think.  In fact, that's
probably what's wrong with testing *\$*/* first: It does an eval and may
thereby create a nameddir.

So I'm going to wait for Sven to get back and give his opinions.