Re: PATCH: Assorted parameter stuff

Bart Schaefer wrote:

> Well, it's not as straightforward as I thought -- the parse gets tangled
> up the with parsing of [[ ... ]], among other things --

I feared that...

> and I just noticed
> that you can get the equivalent effect by surrounding the whole thing with
> braces:
>
> % foo='any random string'
> % echo ${foo[(i)dom str]}
> 8
>
> So I think I'm going to leave it at 14008+14016 unless somebody comes up
> with other bugs to zap.

[Blink, hm, why didn't I know that?...]

Anyway, about 14008: I only found one problem with a complicated
subscript in _arguments, line 81, which can be seen by completing after
`./configure --<TAB>'.  14016 doesn't seem to fix it either and I didn't
look closely enough to be able to say what exactly the problem is.

There may be other complicated subscripts in the completion code that
can serve as good tests, but none of the other completion functions I
tried failed and grepping for `complicated subscripts' isn't exactly easy.

Bye
  Sven