Re: What about this? (was: RE: Zsh broken after the latest build patches)

On Apr 23,  8:53am, Andrej Borsenkow wrote:
} Subject: What about this? (was: RE: Zsh broken after the latest build patc
}
} > I backed out the following and now zsh works again.
} >
} > 2001-04-19  Clint Adams  <schizo@xxxxxxxxxx>
}
} I meant, in my local version, not in CVS of course. The problem is, I
} currently cannot even update cvs ...

I agree that we should either back this out entirely, or branch for
the 4.0.1 release and back it out on the branch.

Andrej, is is possible to back those patches out simply by returning to
an earlier CVS revision of the files, or have some of the other termcap
or terminfo config changes gotten mised in so the shared linking changes
have to be backed out separately?  If returning to an earlier revision
is sufficient, we can simply create the branch off those revisions, else
we'll have to branch from the current state and then back them out.

If the consensus is to branch, the recommended procedure is to first tag
(without -b) the pre-branch revisions as the "branch point" and then do
the actual branch tag (with -b).  This makes it easier to identify the
common ancestor should code have to be merged onto or from the branch.

I can deal with this if necessary.