Re: What about this? (was: RE: Zsh broken after the latest build patches)

On Mon, 23 Apr 2001, Bart Schaefer wrote:

> On Apr 23,  8:53am, Andrej Borsenkow wrote:
> } Subject: What about this? (was: RE: Zsh broken after the latest build patc
> }
> } > I backed out the following and now zsh works again.
> } >
> } > 2001-04-19  Clint Adams  <schizo@xxxxxxxxxx>
> }
> } I meant, in my local version, not in CVS of course. The problem is, I
> } currently cannot even update cvs ...
>
> I agree that we should either back this out entirely, or branch for
> the 4.0.1 release and back it out on the branch.
>
> Andrej, is is possible to back those patches out simply by returning to
> an earlier CVS revision of the files, or have some of the other termcap
> or terminfo config changes gotten mised in so the shared linking changes
> have to be backed out separately?  If returning to an earlier revision
> is sufficient, we can simply create the branch off those revisions, else
> we'll have to branch from the current state and then back them out.

It should (still) be possible to just reverse-apply four mentioned patches
(actually, there were three, and one unposted, but it was one line change.
Of course, unposted cvs commits make it harder to unapply them). At this
time patch applied cleanly with one line fuzz in termcap.mdd (I believe).
I actually meant, that I cannot just use cvs update currently because it
will reapply the patches again.

With everyone's consent I'll try to backout them again on up-to-date cvs
and commit it.

-andrej