Re: What about this? (was: RE: Zsh broken after the latest build patches)

On Apr 23,  5:44pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
} Subject: Re: What about this? (was: RE: Zsh broken after the latest build
}
} I'd prefer, if possible, to back them off everywhere and apply them back
} later.  The only good reason for using a branch would be to do simultaneous
} development.  I don't think that's necessary so near to the 4.0.1 release.

The reason to branch for a release is to separate bug fixes from feature
additions.  If there's a serious bug, you can release a 4.0.2 without
including all the developments that have occurred in the meantime.

However, I don't feel strongly that it's necessary.  We can always branch
after the fact as long as the release revisions have a tag.

} Once this is dealt with, unless anyone still has remaining tweaks they
} think are necessary, I shall make a final pre-release with a view to
} releasing it as 4.0.1.

I looked briefly at the getindex() double-quote thing I mentioned [try to
eliminate the strchr()] and found that in fact the callers of getindex()
generally are NOT equipped to say whether the call was in double-quotes.
I'd have to add an argument to fetchvalue() as well [or a new PM_ flag]
to propagate `qt' down from paramsubst().  A new PM_ flag might not be a
bad idea ... any thoughts?