Re: order of processing in brace expansion

On Apr 28,  6:05am, Bart Schaefer wrote:
} Subject: Re: order of processing in brace expansion
}
} On Apr 27,  7:09pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
} }
} } I would expect what you expect: the expression is interpreted the same as
} } a{b,c}d.  Unfortunately it isn't.  The reason seems to be that the comma
} } doesn't get turned back into a token.  If we want to fix this, the
} } following patch will do it.
}
} The only issue, I think, is that comma is not a token unless it is inside
} braces

Perhaps that's not the only issue ... consider:

zsh% x='*,v'
zsh% echo abc{*,$~x}

That is, in all versions of zsh so far, using a parameter expansion is a
way to quote commas against brace expansion while still getting filename
generation after the expansion.

This makes me more reluctant to apply the patch; I just can't decide.