Re: comptest* failed to load module: zsh/termcap

On Apr 30, 11:44am, Peter Whaite wrote:
}
} "Andrej Borsenkow" said:
}
} > And, of course - what system, what compiler, etc.
}
} % cat /etc/issue
}
} Red Hat Linux release 6.2 (Zoot)
} Kernel 2.4.2 on an i586

This is a completely off-topic question, but:  Did you build the 2.4.2
kernel yourself?  I've been trying to compile a newer kernel on my RH6.2
machine at work and keep getting complaints that it needs newer versions
of modutils and mkinitrd than those available for RH6.2.

Meanwhile, I can reproduce your problem on that machine.  I changed the
linkage for termcap and terminfo from dynamic to static and got:

Modules/termcap.o: In function `scantermcap':
Modules/termcap.o(.text+0x450): undefined reference to `boolcodes'
Modules/termcap.o(.text+0x459): undefined reference to `boolcodes'
Modules/termcap.o(.text+0x4bd): undefined reference to `numcodes'
Modules/termcap.o(.text+0x4c3): undefined reference to `numcodes'
Modules/termcap.o(.text+0x515): undefined reference to `strcodes'
Modules/termcap.o(.text+0x51b): undefined reference to `strcodes'

So the problem is that configure.in is still missing the AC_SEARCH_LIBS
call to find the ncurses libraries (it does one only for tgetent, which
finds old termcap first).

Edit configure.in; look for the line:

AC_SEARCH_LIBS(tgetent, [$termcap_curses_order])

Copy'n'paste that line, s/tgetent/tigetstr/, rerun autoconf and configure,
then try "make" again.