Re: comptest* failed to load module: zsh/termcap

On Mon, 30 Apr 2001, Bart Schaefer wrote:

> On Apr 30, 11:44am, Peter Whaite wrote:
> }
> } "Andrej Borsenkow" said:
> }
> } > And, of course - what system, what compiler, etc.
> }
> } % cat /etc/issue
> }
> } Red Hat Linux release 6.2 (Zoot)
> } Kernel 2.4.2 on an i586
>
> Meanwhile, I can reproduce your problem on that machine.  I changed the
> linkage for termcap and terminfo from dynamic to static and got:
>
> Modules/termcap.o: In function `scantermcap':
> Modules/termcap.o(.text+0x450): undefined reference to `boolcodes'
> Modules/termcap.o(.text+0x459): undefined reference to `boolcodes'
> Modules/termcap.o(.text+0x4bd): undefined reference to `numcodes'
> Modules/termcap.o(.text+0x4c3): undefined reference to `numcodes'
> Modules/termcap.o(.text+0x515): undefined reference to `strcodes'
> Modules/termcap.o(.text+0x51b): undefined reference to `strcodes'
>
> So the problem is that configure.in is still missing the AC_SEARCH_LIBS
> call to find the ncurses libraries (it does one only for tgetent, which
> finds old termcap first).

But it should not find the above variables then and should not try use
them (or use local static placeholders). So, the question is - why
configure sets HAVE_BOOLCODES and others at all? I believe, we finally
cleaned this up ... are you sure you are using the lates CVS?

> Edit configure.in; look for the line:
>
> AC_SEARCH_LIBS(tgetent, [$termcap_curses_order])
>
> Copy'n'paste that line, s/tgetent/tigetstr/, rerun autoconf and configure,
> then try "make" again.

That's workaround; still, the actual bug is different IMHO.

-andrej