Re: PATCH: Re: zsh and autoconf-2.50

Bart Schaefer wrote:
>I suggest this because, upon further consideration, I don't want to
>require zsh developers to install autoconf 2.50.  They may need the
>older version of autoconf for other packages that have not been updated
>for the 2.50 changes.
>
>Thoughts?

Cute technique.  But previously we have never attempted to maintain
compatibility with more than one version of autoconf; we have always had
a flag day where all developers have had to switch to the new version, and
it has never been a problem.  When dealing with packages as convoluted as
ours, such as to require a specific version of autoconf, it does not seem
too much of a burden for developers (specifically, developers that modify
the configure source) to marshall more than one version of autoconf.

I'm glad we won't need that config.status kludge any more.

-zefram