Re: Modules dependencies RE: PATCH: zftp/tcp abstraction

Zefram wrote:

> Neither of my solutions is completely satisfactory, but it now seems that
> we are making sufficient use of interdependent modules that we need some
> form of implicit dependencies.

I've thought about this, too, when I started working with modules.  On
systems supporting RTLD_LAZY it should be possible to have the setup_
function call back the core to load needed modules, shouldn't it?

The other thing I was thinking about is to define a string or a symbol
with a defined prefix that contains the dependencies.  The core could
then scan the module binary to find out which modules to load first
(searching for the prefix and using the rest of the string).

But if we can't make sure that the string/symbol is near the beginning
of the module file, this isn't fun, of course.

Bye
  Sven