Re: HP-UX 11.00 tgetenv dilemma

a normal guy wrote:

Andrej

At the risk of sounding ignorant, what does SUS stand for?  I
assume it is the governing document for POSIX compatibility or
the like.  Thanks,

Single Unix Specification a.k.a. Unix 98 (current version). It is a superset of XPG (X/Open Portability Guide) that itself is superset of POSIX. It has a big advantage of being available online as opposed to either XPG or POSIX :-)

P.S.  What is the latest line of thought about the Export word
splitting problem?  To fix or not to fix?

It is not bug - it complies with standards. Granted, there are compatibility issues (both ksh and bash behave the way you desire), but so far you are the first person to note it :-) That does not mean I am opposed to "fixing" it - I just have no idea how easy (or difficult) it is.

-andrej