RE: bracket expressions and POSIX

> } Another point is using collating elements, ranges etc ... anything that
> } has to deal with locale.
>
> I've lost track of what happened to the strcoll() situation since PWS's
> regex-like implementation of globbing was put in.  There used to be #if 0
> code in glob.c (as of workers/7185) but it has completely disappeared.

It is more than just strcoll. Bracket expression is supposed to recognize
collating elements and equivalence classes, and I still have no idea how to
do it portably. Probably, when we see something like [[.ch.]] (valid for
Spanish locale), we could try native regcompile to see if it succeeds. It
seems the only possiblity to check it portably. The same for [[=a=]] that
may match aby accented character depending on locale.

But that means, that bracket expression may match more than one character; I
do not know if our code is prepared to do it.

Of course, [[.ch.]-z] is impossible without strcoll.

-andrej