Re: zsh: fatal error: out of memory

On Sep 11,  5:22pm, Monty Scroggins wrote:

> HISTFILE=~/.sh_history; export HISTFILE
>
> This seems to have been what was causing me all the
> headaches...   Is this a bug in ZSH?  Is this something
> that ZSH should handle??

At the least it demonstrates a potential problem with different shells using
the same parameter name for what may be differently-formatted data.

What does the content of ~/.sh_history look like?  What's the file size?

It's also possible that it's the setting of HISTSIZE and/or SAVEHIST that
are actually the problem.  Are those parameters set?