RE: zsh: fatal error: out of memory

These are the two parameters that were in the .profile

HISTSIZE=18000; export HISTSIZE
HISTFILE=~/.sh_history; export HISTFILE

The .sh_history file is 168560k and 7952 lines..
This seems like an absurdly large history file and I
am skeptical that anyone could take advantage of it all..
but maybe zsh should handle this type of problem..

I attempted to put a sample of the history file in this
message, but due to the control characters in the lines,
the mail client didn't paste in any text..  In looking
at the file in my text editor (NEdit) it looks like
each line starts with one or more <nul> characters followed
by the command strings..

If nothing else could (or should) be done about this problem,
maybe the error string could be enhanced a bit.. The error text
"out of memory", while being true, was vague enough
that I was heading down a wrong path to resolve the issue...

Just a thought...

Monty