Re: Overeager completion?

On Mon, Nov 25, 2002 at 10:59:25AM +0000, Oliver Kiddle wrote:

>          If  set  to `true', sequences of slashes (as in `foo//bar') will
>          be treated as if they were only one slash when completing path-
>          names.   This is the usual behaviour of UNIX paths.  However, by
>          default the file completion function behaves as if there were  a
>          `*' between the slashes.

Hm.  All right.  I suppose if I'd gone a step further and started
hitting tab to complete to one of them, I would have noticed that the
"a/" would have been inserted.  But the list "1 2 3 4" at "..//" just
looked wrong.  Maybe "a/1 a/2 a/3 a/4" instead?

Anyhow, thanks; I've now set squeeze-slashes.

> > Oops.  Then, for good measure, hit ^C twice to quit the shell.  :)
>
> That could be a bug. Seems to occur after any ^D used to list choices.

Yeah, I've been seeing this for some time -- since 3.1.x at least, I'm
pretty sure, but I don't have a copy around to check -- but have always
blown past it too fast to have noticed what exactly it was that
triggered it.

Danek