Help needed with execcmd() (was: Re: Cant fg a suspended su (4.1.0-dev-7))

Could somebody familiar with Src/exec.c point out for me where I can
insert a statement where the following conditions are true:

  - I can find out if we are doing a real exec(), not a "fake" exec
    (BTW, what's a "fake" exec?), following a "exec blah" command
    line. For example, in execcmd(), I can find this out with the
    do_exec variable.

  - the terminal (SHTTY) is still open

  - there will be no more terminal or process group ids changes before
    we hit zexecve() (meaning no more attachtty(), nor setpgrp())

I can't seem to find a spot where all three conditions are true.

Thanks!
Phil.