Re: CVS problems at SourceForge

On Jun 25,  4:40pm, Oliver Kiddle wrote:
} Subject: Re: CVS problems at SourceForge
}
} It is probably worth reading what they say at:
}   http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=2352&group_id=1#cvs

I did read it ... that was the reason behind starting this thread.
(I wouldn't have forwarded that SA-list message without checking on
the information it referenced.)

} Are you using the pserver for any reason other than to save yourself the
} hassle of typing your password/ssh passphrase?

I use "cvs login" from my home machine where I have my working sandbox
(the one where I do what little zsh dev work I squeeze in these days).
I use the pserver at work for installing zsh, because I never want to
commit any local changes I may make there.

Not everyone is a zsh developer with login access to the sources, though.

} If we move we should make sure that the alternative even offers
} anonymous CVS access. I'd also be reluctant to loose the daily snapshots
} and ability to download the repository tarball.

Yes.  I'd rather not have to move, either, but if sourceforge is going
to collapse into a black hole under the weight of its own success ...

} Also if we move, it'd be worth reconsidering other things like how we
} use the bug tracker

Which at the moment we don't, really ... I suppose somebody is monitoring
it, but this list is still the real "bug tracker" for zsh.