Re: Strange problem with ulimit

    Hi Bart :)

 * Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> dixit:
> [Hmm, I don't seem to have received the first message in this thread.]

    That's a problem that I have had frequently with this list.
Sometimes I don't receive posts :(( Lately that seemed to be solved
(for me, at least)...

> }     I can reproduce it here, with zsh 4.0.7. I've took a look at the
> } sources, with no success :((
> That's because the code in question is in the file "bltinmods.list"
> which is generated at configure time and then #include'd by init.c.

    OK ;))

> The "ulimit" builtin is not a full-fledged builtin -- it's supplied by
> the zsh/rlimits module.

    I knew that. What I didn't know was that modules weren't loaded
when zsh was invoked as sh. Which, on the other hand, makes sense...

> Modules are zmodload'd automatically at startup only when the shell is
> invoked as zsh.  This is to prevent clashes with command and variable
> names used e.g. by "sh" scripts that are expecting a clean namespace.

    Does that mean that you can zmodload zsh/rlimits and have again
the builtin?

    Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado

--
Linux Registered User 88736