Re: yodl discontinued.

Peter wrote:

> As long as we can get info, I think that's good enough.  If makeinfo
> produces DocBook output, is the reverse true?

It doesn't do the reverse but there is a tool named docbook2X which does
do it. Seems to use XSLT so it should be easy enough to improve if it
doesn't work as we would like. It also does man which may or may not be
useful. I've not as such tried it.

> (I would say, however, that neither of the obvious ways of turning
> FO --- the intermediate output stage, akin to DVI --- into PDF is
> entirely satisfactory.  Either you need a full Java set up or a
> fairly particular TeX set up.  Both are subject to the multiple

I just took whatever I got from Debian, starting with the xmlto tool and
it all worked well. That was using PassiveTeX. For Java, you must have
been using FOP or something. Sooner or later, a project such as xmlroff
will result in a decent C or C++ implementation which will make it
easier.

Oliver