Re: zsh 4.2.5

I wrote:
> Okay, so we need to find out if iconv.h comes from libiconv. That's

Sorry for following up to myself but there's a further point I thought
I'd mention.

In zsh, iconv conversions are only done to the encoding used in the
current locale which is retrieved using nl_langinfo(CODESET). On Solaris
that returns things like "646" and "8859" which the native iconv
understands but libiconv doesn't. Anyone who is building on Solaris with
gcc and libiconv installed would probably be wise to use
CFLAGS=-I/usr/include. That also has the advantage that the resulting
binary will run on another Solaris box which lacks libiconv.

We could do things like attempting to normalise the output of
nl_langinfo(CODESET) but \u is only really useful when the encoding is
something like UTF-8 and that only has one name. It is also tempting to
suggest automatically digging around for the system iconv.h but it's
better to leave control in the hands of the user so they can have the
choice of using libiconv.

Oliver