Re: Prompt oddity when running as "sh" (4.3.0-dev)

On Sep 20,  8:42pm, Wayne Davison wrote:
} Subject: Re: Prompt oddity when running as "sh" (4.3.0-dev)
}
} On Wed, Sep 21, 2005 at 02:11:10AM +0000, Bart Schaefer wrote:
} > Shouldn't that be "%B%S%#%s%b" ?
}
} I'm not sure why we'd want the character to change between % and #
} depending on the user being root.  What was your reasoning?

That it would be the default prompt character, as if zsh had printed
a prompt at the end of the "partial" line and then printed a newline
and a new prompt.