Re: PATCH? - Re: Bug? in complist when filenames are longer than the screen

    Hi Bart :)

    First of all, thanks for your patches :)

 * Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> dixit:
> } I don't really know what the problem is
> I still don't know what the problem is, but I have a reproducible
> infinite loop.  Use a PS1 string at least 10 characters long, and
> make the window narrower than 12 characters, so that the first
> completion filled in on the command line by menu-completion is
> forced to wrap to the next line of the screen.  Then begin doing
> menu completion with listing.  When the completion reaches the end
> of the list and wraps back to the first entry, zsh goes into an
> infinite loop attempting to compute the *line* on which to begin
> redrawing.

    The first patch (the "defensive" patch) does not help here, it
has no effect at least in the way I'm reproducing the problem
(exactly with the code snippet I posted yesterday in the list, using
zsh -f).

    BUT the second patch certainly prevents the infinite loop.
Unfortunately it doesn't avoid the crash nor the screen messup.
I cannot reproduce the crash, unfortunately :(( It happens randomly
after the screen messup, sometimes after the first keypress after the
menu completion ends, other times after playing with the keyboard for
a while :(

    I'm gonna try your third patch and I'll answer about it in that
thread.

    Thanks a lot for being trying to solve my problem.

    Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado

It's my PC and I'll cry if I want to...