Re: Is a pristine shell allowed to set HOME? (fwd)

On Feb 6, 11:17am, Peter Stephenson wrote:
} Subject: Re: Is a pristine shell allowed to set HOME? (fwd)
}
} Bart Schaefer wrote:
} > Zsh seems to be the odd man out, here.
}
} Probably better to be compatible here... hope this doesn't break
} anything, but it's a very unusual case.

I was thinking perhaps it should continue to set HOME when in "zsh
emulation" but not when in any other shell emulations.  I should have
said so before, but I was in a hurry when I was forwarding that ...