Re: zsh 4.3.2 bug

> The MACHINES file recommends using gcc for building zsh, but we rely on
> other people's reports for getting IRIX to work so I don't have any more
> detail.  Something very close to 4.3.2 was reported to compile on
> 6.5.something.

I think that someone might have been me :)

I indeed built 4.3.1 (but, as you say, 4.3.2 should be strictly
equivalent concerning this issue) on  mips-sgi-irix6.5 using GCC 3.3
(itself using MIPSpro assembler and linker). I does work perfectly
well as far as I am concerned, without having to use any trick.

FX