Re: PATCH: _ls

On Thu, May 25, 2006 at 01:10:40AM -0700, Wayne Davison wrote:
> While I was testing it, I discovered that the completion system is not
> completing the options to gnu ls correctly, which appears to be a bug:

I forgot to follow up to this earlier.  This turned out to be due to an
alias I have for "ls" (ls="command ls --color=auto -CF").  Oops!

This does bring up an interesting point about the exclusions that are
currently in the completion system.  With a utility like ls, conflicting
options are accepted, with the last one having precedence.  So, even
though my alias specifies -C, I can still override that with -x.  So,
should we avoid excluding options that may conflict ideologically as
long as they don't conflict syntactically?

..wayne..