Re: set - $foo resets set -x

On Sep 19,  5:54pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
}
} > Anyone remembers the reasons for that? May be we can at least relax
} > it if running in emulate zsh mode?
}
} I'm inclined to agree, since zsh's native emulation tends to remove
} the worst idiocies from prehistory, and currently it doesn't even seem
} to be documented...

This was not present in zsh 2.4, but is in 3.0 as far back as I have
records (1997-ish).  This allowed me to track it down in the mailing
list archives:

http://www.zsh.org/mla/workers/1996/msg01233.html
http://www.zsh.org/mla/workers/1996/msg01238.html

Andrey, you have no one but yourself to blame, even if you were using
j and w back then. :-)