Re: corrupt history file on NFS

On 2007-01-14 19:27:16 -0800, Wayne Davison wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 14, 2007 at 09:25:54PM +0100, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> > I regularly have a corrupt history file with zsh 4.3.2.
>
> Corrupt in what way?

I've done several tests, and here's more information:

* The problem occurs when I use two different machines (called courge
and doubleeagle), both x86_64.

* When a corruption occurs, there are null bytes in the history file.

* The corruption occurs almost systematically (or at least very often)
when I type a command on courge, then a command on doubleeagle. But it
*never* occurs if I read the history file with less before typing the
command. Note: the less command line isn't stored to the history file
because I either type a space first (I use histignorespace) or make
sure to recall the previous "less ..." command (I use histignoredups).