Re: corrupt history file on NFS

On Jan 16,  3:03am, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
}
} *never* occurs if I read the history file with less before typing the

This sounds like an NFS synchronization issue.  Reading the file forces
the first write to be flushed out of the NFS cache.

This suggests that we might be able to work around it by always having
zsh seek to one btye short of the file size, and then read that byte,
before it attempts to append anything to the file.  However, it's really
not zsh's fault:  NFS writes are not required to be atomic, and zsh does
not know the file isn't local.  So this would have to be controlled by
an option, or something, so as not to penalize cases that don't need
NFS "safety".