Re: How to accept a completion?

On Wed, 29 Apr 2009 17:22:04 -0700
> Hmm, on the other hand, I just noticed that
>
> % scp file lth:<space>
>
> becomes
>
> % scp file lth <cursor>
>
> So arguably on a whitespace character the colon should be left there.
> Maybe '-r:' really would be better than '-q'.  (The -q is correct in
> the case with the '=' suffix, though, I'm pretty sure.)
>
> Any thoughts?

I think you're right and removing the colon in this particular case is
annoying, I sometimes transfer to "host:" myself.  -r isn't that widely
used and there may be glitches, but if -r: fixes the particular case in
question it'll do.

It's not really obvious that you can use ":" to stop completion here,
though if you're used to typing "/" in file completion it's more so.  I
think you can use _next_tags to go on to the next completion here (it's not
really designed to do that but it seemed to work here, presumably because
there's nothing else to complete).  However, there seems to be a bug since
when I did use it the next time completion for scp didn't work at all under
I did some other completion.  I haven't tracked this down.