Re: PATCH: vcs_info: Set NO_warn_create_global option

Bart Schaefer wrote:
> On Feb 21,  9:06pm, Frank Terbeck wrote:
[...]
> } Any ideas where to apply the leverage?
>
> In Src/params.c, assignsparam() and assignaparam(), I suppose, by a
> check of v->pm->node.nam against a list (which doesn't exist yet) of
> parameters that don't require warnings.  I further suppose that list
> could itself be controlled by a parameter, but that'd have to be
> handled carefully to avoid fetching a value while setting it.

Sounds reasonable, but is well beyond my expertise in zsh's code.

> I see PWS has already applied your (a) patch from 27731, so perhaps
> this discussion is moot ...

Yes I've seen it, too. But I'd like to have `warn_create_global' active
while vcs_info is running (without cutting off useful features such as
zstyle's "-e" option), if possible. It's code should run fine with the
option set. And having it set prevents me from becoming sloppy.

Regards, Frank

                                                  -- RFC 1925