Re: Slow completion when using aptitude

On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 11:04 PM, Bart Schaefer
<schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Feb 4,  1:46pm, cheer_xiao wrote:
> }
> } is "dep_packages_cache_uninstalled" a typo?
>
> Yes.
>
> I don't actually have apt installed anywhere, so I can't test whether
> the output of these functions are correct.  Let's try this again -- I
> *believe* I've nixed all the typos but proofread before deployment:
>
> _deb_packages_update_uninstalled () {
>  _deb_packages_update_avail
>  _deb_packages_update_installed
>  if (( ! $+_deb_packages_cache_uninstalled )); then
>    # Package lists too large to efficiently diff with zsh expansion
>    _deb_packages_cache_uninstalled=(
>      $( print -l $_deb_packages_cache_avail |
>         fgrep -xvf =(print -l $_deb_packages_cache_installed) )
>    )
>  fi

Well, the fix is here, simpler than I thought. You missed a line here:
 cachevar=_deb_packages_cache_uninstalled

Now "aptitude install a<Tab>" responds quickly(within a second) and
correctly. Thanks for your help, Bart! I have learn quite a bit shell
scripting along the way.
On the other hand, I think the performance can be further improved. A
delay of 1s is good enough for me but not good enough for some.