Re: PATCH: zstyle to control completion of functions/parameters beginning with underscore

Greg Klanderman wrote:

> > On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 21:12, Greg Klanderman <gak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> But in the same vein, what I really want is a way to configure the
> >> behavior for functions, variables, etc. beginning with "_" to be like
> >> filenames beginning with ".": completion should work if I have
> >> explicitly typed the leading "_", but even substring matching should
> >> not *generate* a leading "_".

Does the ignored completer not do this for you?

I have:
zstyle ':completion::(^approximate*):*:functions' ignored-patterns '_*'

Your hide-internal style is very similar to prefix-needed. The intention
with zstyle in the past was to overload styles where reasonably possible
and rely on the contexts for disambiguation.

Oliver