Re: PATCH: zstyle to control completion of functions/parameters beginning with underscore

> Does the ignored completer not do this for you?

> I have:
> zstyle ':completion::(^approximate*):*:functions' ignored-patterns '_*'

Hi Oliver,

I already answered that question 2 years ago:  :-)

http://www.zsh.org/mla/workers/2009/msg00797.html

> Your hide-internal style is very similar to prefix-needed.

Sorry, I hadn't seen that.. if people agree, I can use the
prefix-needed style instead; the issues I see with that are:

1. Prefix-needed is defined as defaulting to true, but to preserve
   current behavior for functions/parameters, the default would have
   to be false.  How bad would it be to have different defaults for
   different uses of prefix-needed?  Alternatively, how bad would it
   be to change the current default behavior for function/parameter
   completion?

2. At present prefix-needed is boolean valued, whereas my
   hide-internal is ternary valued.  I suppose my true value is not
   really necessary, so I'd just map hide-internal=auto to
   prefix-needed=true.

Greg