Re: crash/memory corruption when completing dynamic named directory

On Mar 27,  1:32pm, Mikael Magnusson wrote:
} Subject: Re: crash/memory corruption when completing dynamic named directo
}
} Would you believe that accessing $CURSOR from within a completer will
} actually unmetafy zlemetaline in place? :)

I don't disbelieve it.

} pws, afaict, only the first little bit of zlemetaline is needed for
} this, ie the outcs calculation. Would it be okay to split this out to
} a separate function and call that from get_cursor and stringaszleline?
} [...]  Or does outcs actually depend on the conversion too?

I see PWS already replied, but:  It appears to me that to compute outcs
it's necessary to unmetafy the line in the MULTIBYTE_SUPPORT case, so we
are probably stuck with your patch from 28941.

} Otherwise we have to copy zlemetaline first and then run
} stringaszleline, and discard all that work, which seems silly.

It'd probably be possible to write a routine that decodes metatifed
characters on the fly and counts what they decode to, without updating
the buffer in place, but that's not what's available now.