Re: Problem with fake-files style and cd

On 27 May 2011 06:41, Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On May 27,  3:25am, Mikael Magnusson wrote:
> }
> } Been sitting on this patch for a while, is it okay to commit?
>
> I feel a little silly mentioning these nits, but stylistically,
>
> for names of directories DASH()- when the cdpath array is set,
>
> would fit the context better.  There are no full-stops in any of
> the other items in that list.  Also, you have "is used" in one
> entry and "will be used" in the other.  (Prefer "is used".)

How's this?

item(tt(directories))(
for names of directories DASH()- when the tt(cdpath) array is set,
tt(local-directories) is used instead

item(tt(local-directories))(
for names of directories that are subdirectories of the current working
directory when completing arguments of tt(cd) and related builtin
commands (compare tt(path-directories)) DASH()- when the tt(cdpath)
array is unset, tt(directories) is used instead

> More substantively, remind me what "used instead" means here?  The
> word "used" is not specific enough, I guess.

I'm not sure how this is unclear, but when cdpath is set,
local-directories is looked up, when it is unset directories is looked
up. So when cdpath is set, directories is used instead [of
local-directories] and vice versa. "used instead" is used in a couple
of other places in this file already too.

That reminds me, one of the places that uses it is the entry for
use-perl, which says that _make uses this style, but since the rewrite
it does not. It is currently completely unused, should we remove this
paragraph?

Currently this is only used in completions for `make', but it may be
extended depending on authorial frustration.

--
Mikael Magnusson