Re: Bug in sh emulation

On Dec 12,  4:06pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
}
} I think this must be OK (unless, of course, something is failing where I
} don't see it).  The chunk of code in entersubsh() we've been staring at
} is the one that's only executed if there's no group leader, and in that
} case it creates its own process group and attaches that to the tty

Right.  My lingering doubt is that "no group leader" doesn't necessarily
mean "no other group attached to the tty", if we've been given some wacky
structure like

(emulate sh -c "(foo | bar)" | emulate zsh -c "(baz | ding)") | read -E

However, I can't actually construct a real example that I think would
fail, so we should probably go with your patches so far.