Re: Bug in sh emulation

On Mon, 12 Dec 2011 10:10:00 -0800
> On Dec 12,  4:06pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
> }
> } I think this must be OK (unless, of course, something is failing where I
> } don't see it).  The chunk of code in entersubsh() we've been staring at
> } is the one that's only executed if there's no group leader, and in that
> } case it creates its own process group and attaches that to the tty
>
> Right.  My lingering doubt is that "no group leader" doesn't necessarily
> mean "no other group attached to the tty", if we've been given some wacky
> structure like
>
> (emulate sh -c "(foo | bar)" | emulate zsh -c "(baz | ding)") | read -E

The last patch attempted to do a bit better in limiting the cases where
the MONITOR option was left on to a straightforward subshell.  In this
example, the first fork is for a pipeline rather than subshell, so
MONITOR should be turned off before the subshell is started --- it's
perfectly possible I've missed a passage through the maze that should do
that, though.

We might well get into problems if MONITOR is explicitly turned back on,
but I don't have so much sympathy there.