Re: Multibyte issue in 4.3.15

On Mon, 30 Jan 2012, Richard Hartmann wrote:

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 21:47, Mikael Magnusson <mikachu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I don't see why typing ' -w' should insert '-w '? (Typing the same sequence in vim produces the same as in zsh, ie, pressing w jumps to the start of the next word, not the end of the current one).

To be honest, I ignored whatever he meant by '-w'.

I also can't reproduce the prompt issue, that's probably a broken setup. Ask him to reproduce from zsh -f.

I can.

% zsh -f
% setopt GLOB EXTENDED_GLOB MAGIC_EQUAL_SUBST RC_EXPAND_PARAM \
      HIST_EXPIRE_DUPS_FIRST HIST_IGNORE_DUPS HIST_VERIFY CORRECT HASH_CMDS \
      PRINT_EXIT_VALUE RC_QUOTES AUTO_CONTINUE MULTIOS VI INC_APPEND_HISTORY \
      APPENDHISTORY
% unsetopt beep
% unset MAIL
% unicode  -w䷥
<errors I forgot>
% <arrow_up><arrow_down><arrow_up><arrow_down><arrow_up><arrow_down>

The last one eats the prompt. Done within terminator 0.95

It's not a zsh issue.  I can reproduce under terminator using bash, too.

$ terminator -e bash
someprompt> ䷥
If '䷥' is not a typo you can use command-not-found to lookup the package that contains it, like this:
    cnf ䷥
someprompt> <Up><Down><Up><Down> ... (eats one prompt char per cycle)

--
Best,
Ben