Re: Bug with bash emulation regarding ':'

On Feb 5,  8:11pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
}
} How about this for the original problem?  It's at least a simple change,
} tied to one documented C variable.  It doesn't address the related areas
} you mentioned, but I think those are less important, because they don't
} affect Bourne/POSIX emulation

Seems reasonable to me.  I was hunting for a way to do it without adding
another global, but what you've done is probably the most expedient.

(I wonder if changing the boolean "split" parameter to multsub() into a
set of bitflags would suffice.)

I don't have anything more to add on the rest of this discussion, a this
point ...