Re: printf %<n>s in UTF-8 is not always POSIX-compliant

Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> On 2012-02-15 11:05:19 +0000, Peter Stephenson wrote:
>> This sounds correct... We've never promised ksh mode would be a complete
>> representation of ksh anyway.
[...]
> The problem is that on some machines, one has a symlink ksh -> zsh.
> If I type ksh or run a script with #!/usr/bin/ksh, I expect this to
> behave as a real ksh.

Frankly, that would be the vendor's fault then. There are many *MANY*
ksh implementations, that make for a reasonable link target (ksh93,
pdksh or mksh - to name just a few). Zsh is not one of them.

IMHO, ksh-emulation is a little bit like csh emulation: It's meant to
make users with ksh background feel more "at home", not as a strict
bug-for-bug emulation.

Regards, Frank