Re: Follow-up: CHECK_JOBS doesn't work when only one command was run since last Control-D

On Apr 19,  9:36am, Peter Stephenson wrote:
}
} It should surely be possible to fix it properly, somehow, so that if
} you've just looked at the jobs it will still exit but if you've executed
} anything else it won't.

Yes, that would be accomplished by removing stopmsg = 2 from zexit() but
leaving stopmsg = 2 in bin_jobs().

However, as I mentioned in follow-up, I fear the assignment in zexit()
may have an additional purpose, such as forcing the shell to get two
consecutive zero-length reads on SHIN in order to kill jobs and exit.
It's a little tricky to test this and I haven't had a chance yet.

--
Barton E. Schaefer