Re: Access to CVS

Phil Pennock wrote:
[...]
> If so, what's actually needed?  A guideline on the workflow?  Someone
> with sourceforge project admin rights to make changes there?  Something
> else?

I think a git-switch was last discussed in workers/29966 and the
following thread¹. I linked to some interesting documents in there as
well.

I think the most important outstanding issue is to put something useful
into $ZSH_PATCHLEVEL. `git-describe' can produce reasonable values.

The rest is largely related to workflow. I also whined about the fact
that manually keeping a ChangeLog is a pain in the behind, esp. with a
system that actually already uses changeset instead of changes to
individual files. Which means, that you get a change log for free.

I came up with http://ft.bewatermyfriend.org/comp/genchangelog.html, in
case people would like to have a traditional ChangeLog file around in
release tarballs (although, I'd still argue that a release tarball only
needs a list of user-visible changes, as long as the VCS history is
publicly available for everyone to look at).

With regard to the actual switch: Someone could prepare a patch-series
that make the source-tree git-aware ($ZSH_PATCHLEVEL conversion etc) and
make that repository available on bitbucket (or github or whatever) for
review. Once that repository is fine, the changes can be merged in the
sf.net repository and the primary VCS could be switched, by someone with
the appropriate access.

Regards, Frank

¹ http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.shells.zsh.devel/23984/focus=23992

                                                  -- RFC 1925