Re: Fw: zsh, it's time to upgrade your classic SourceForge project

On 2013-01-15 at 19:45 +0000, Peter Stephenson wrote:
> Sourceforge is updating their system; for some reason this time round
> it's not automatic.  I shall probably just press the button, but beware
> the URLs will changed (it's not as if that would be the first time).
> Now is probably as good a time as any.

<https://sourceforge.net/p/upgrade/> just gives an error message about
not being an admin of "this" project.

Looking around to try to find documentation on what changes, I find:

  https://sourceforge.net/p/forge/site-support/537/

where SF's support point out that CVS URLs will *not* change:
CVS is actually a special case. We don't support it for new projects on
the new system, only for classic projects that upgrade. So that said,
the repository itself isn't actually migrated, it's just left in place
and we add an informational page similar to what's on classic projects.
So, in short, yes, for CVS (and only CVS), the links will remain the
same.

So, looks like no manual fixups of client checkouts needed.

-Phil