Re: git updates stalled?

On Feb 17, 10:45am, Wayne Davison wrote:
}
} I coded that up and tested it, and it's working.

As I just discovered, somewhat to my confusion since I hadn't yet changed
anything about the permissions ...

} > It also appears that developers on the project aren't given any
} > write permission (only admins), so I don't think I'll be able to
} > commit anything to the new git repo.
}
} At least, that's what the admin page seems to say.  However, I do have
} commit rights to the new repo, so I updated it.  (I also updated the old
} git repo when I was testing my update script, so they both should be at
} the same spot now -- eventually the old repo will become read-only, but
} apparently not yet.)

I'm a little confused here ...

According to the admin pages the git "tool" is not yet installed, but if
I click on it, it offers to install it under the name "Code", which I
declined to do because there is already a "Code" tool installed, and if I
look at that, it's a git repo as well.

Permissions under the currently-installed "Code" tool allow developers
to create, moderate, and write, along with read, post, etc. that lesser
users are able to do.  Perhaps Wayne was looking at the project "User
Permissions" for which the help is remarkably unhelpful with respect to
explaining exactly what those permissions govern.

Access for the current "Code" repository is shown as

	git clone ssh://git.code.sf.net/p/zsh/code zsh-code

Does anyone think we should also install the "git" tool?