Re: "make info" fails with new versions of texinfo

Peter Stephenson wrote:
[...]
> The warnings about empty items do indeed correspond to empty items.
> They come from the zsh macro, not Yodl's macros; it's deliberate.  I've
> removed it below, but it does look like it might be better to have a bit
> more space afterwards.  There are probably better ways of doing that ---
> like explicitly inserting a blank line, so that's what I've done.  With
> any luck the result is very similar.
>
> The error looks like it might be because texinfo is getting confused by
> a line split.  Does putting it back together make a difference?

Yes, now the build succeeds. The only remaining output are a few
warnings:

[snip]
makeinfo ./zsh.texi
./zsh.texi:25009: warning: @item missing argument
./zsh.texi:25012: warning: @item missing argument
./zsh.texi:25015: warning: @item missing argument
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/hawk/src/sys/zsh/Doc'
[snap]

But I end up with an infodoc version of the manual just fine.

Regards, Frank