Re: Alignment issue with multiple describes

On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 1:59 AM, Bart Schaefer
<schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Apr 21,  3:59pm, Felipe Contreras wrote:
> }
> } Anyway, I'm going to label this as a bug the zsh developers are
> } unwilling to fix, and I'm going to work around it by avoiding more
> } than one _description with actual descriptions.
>
> Please don't consider anything I say as speaking for "the zsh developers"
> as a group.  I'm just answering your questions.
>
> On the other hand, if you actually want to encourage someone to work on
> this for you, I think you're going about it the wrong way.

Why should I care? It's not _my_ project the one with bug. It's not my
project the one that ends up in videos showing obviously wrong
behavior.

If it was, I would fix it, regardless of the attitude of some guy on
some mailing list. My users would thank me for it.

> } And BTW, the fact that you have part of the code nobody understands,
> } has touched, or is willing to touch in a decade should be a concern to
> } you.
>
> It is, in fact; but it's not something I'm really in a position to do
> anything about.  I already give zsh as much time as I can (in fact more
> than I probably ought to), and thankfully most of the people I try to
> help out have a better attitude about it than you apparently do.

Perhaps, but that doesn't change the facts, and the direction zsh
development is heading to; oblivion.

If you don't care about that happening, by all means, ignore all the warnings.

> Enjoy your day.  If any further messages from you manage to spark useful
> discussion, you probably should not expect me to Cc you as a courtesy,
> because I have no evidence that I'll get any courtesy in return.

Any reasonable person would click 'reply-to-all', which would keep me
in Cc, if your MUA is not braindead. And clicking 'reply-to-all'
consistently is the reasonable thing to do, because properly
configured mailing lists (unlike this one) require this.

Cheers.

--
Felipe Contreras